Friday 22 December 2017

Favourite Find

I vividly recall the moment that I accidently discovered #wildflowerhour. A dismal Sunday evening was instantly transformed into awe, delight and enchantment as tweets of our beautiful wildflowers seemingly cascaded all around me for a magical, colourful hour!

The discovery of #wildflowerhour happened at a key point in my life. Earlier in 2016 our much loved family dog Lewis succumbed to old age. The daily walk which had been an intrinsic part of our routine for fifteen and a half years now became an unbearable reminder of what we had lost.

Joyfully #wildflowerhour catapulted into our existance and provided my family with a much needed new focus for our outdoor rambles. My husband jokingly renamed it ‘wildpowerhour’ now shortened to ‘powerhour’. My two children cry ‘What can we find for Mum’s power hour!!’ A powerful hour indeed which has enriched my life in so many ways.

hear some of them on our latest podcast

That first winter I noticed amateur and experienced botanists reflecting on the season and posting pictures of their best botanical finds. This provided new wonderment: plants I didn’t know existed and best of all locations of where they could be found! This helped me to look forward to 2017: would I be able to find these wonders too? #Wildflowerhour really is the gift that just keeps on giving. So this has been the inspiration behind the hashtag #favouritefind. You, the wonderful wildflowerhour community have responded so amazingly. It has been a delight to read the special plant stories that have formed your favourite finds of 2017 – and you can hear some of them on our latest podcast. Thank you!



from #wildflowerhour http://www.wildflowerhour.co.uk/blog/2017/12/22/favourite-find/

No comments:

Post a Comment