Wednesday 23 November 2016

Are gardening Black Friday deals worth it?

I hadn’t realised there were gardening Black Friday deals. I’ve been vaguely aware of Black Friday as a day when tech and gadgetry gets marked down.

But I noticed that ‘Garden & Outdoors’ is featuring in Amazon’s Black Friday deal emails.

For those who don’t know what Black Friday is, it’s a day when prices are slashed significantly. Technically Black Friday is the 25th November, but the prices have already been reduced on Amazon, and some other stores. They’ll remain low over the weekend, too.

So is it a good time to re-stock your tool shed or make that expensive one-off investment?

Gardening gloves and secateurs

Time to get some good bargains in gloves or secateurs?

I have picked out the Black Friday gardening deals for products I use. I’m featuring products I’ve personally found good. Or I’ve checked each product’s Amazon review results. All the products featured below have an exceptionally high number of positive reviews.

Are gardening Black Friday deals really cheaper?

So I know they’re good products, but what about the prices? Are you really getting a good deal or could you get the same item at the same price – or even less – elsewhere?

I’ve checked other online store prices for each item. I can’t pretend to have found every single retailer’s price, but I’ve a good idea whether the Black Friday prices below are good value or not.

After all this hunting around, I did find some good bargains, the best of which are below.

There were also categories where I couldn’t see bargains (which doesn’t mean they don’t exist…).I don’t think Black Friday is an especially good time to buy a shed off Amazon, for example, unless you want a plastic one, which is where most of the shed deals were.

Garden furniture

I couldn’t find many good Black Friday money-off deals on garden furniture online either, but it may be worth visiting your local garden shops, as it’s the end of the season.

The garden furniture deals were disappointing, too, with just £10-£20 off large value items like garden furniture sets.

But I reckon the deals are good on several other things, and I’ve picked out my favourites below.

A few things you might like to know

As I’m an Amazon associate, I may receive a small fee if you buy via these links, but this won’t affect the price you pay.

And speaking of prices, these often change from day to day. You’ll need to click the link to find out exactly what price is being quoted at this moment.

Delivery makes a difference, too. I’ve checked what the products below would cost from their manufacturers. Sometimes the price is not too different from the Amazon Black Friday price, but the difference could be in the cost of delivery. If you’re a member of Amazon Prime, there’s free delivery on many items.

You also get TV and movie downloads included in your Amazon Prime membership, as well as photo storage options. If you’d like to know more, click here.

 

The post Are gardening Black Friday deals worth it? appeared first on The Middle-Sized Garden.



from The Middle-Sized Garden http://www.themiddlesizedgarden.co.uk/are-gardening-black-friday-deals-worth-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment